Spring cleaning or ready to downsize? The weather is changing for the better and here are some great tips for a successful garage sale to maybe earn some fun money! One man's trash is another man's treasure!!
Tips for a Successful Garage Sale
1. Advertise on Craigslist or your neighborhood Facebook page.
2. Shoppers more often stop for full tables and large items. Bookcases, dressers, toys, and tools attract traffic.
3. Dealers and collectors visit sales, so clearly display one-of-a-kind items.
4. Make sure appliances work, and clean everything.
5. 10-30% of retail is a fair price for most items. Tag all items, but be prepared to haggle.
6. Items sorted by size and type and organized on shelves or rack fetch higher prices.
7. Partner with neighbors and split the cost.
8. Check the weather.
9. Make neatly lettered signs to direct traffic to your house.
10. Make sure you have PLENTY of change!
11. Do it with your friends and neighbors -- it can end up being a really FUN time!
12. Leftovers: give them away, keep them for another sale, or call a charitable organization for pickup. Keep a list of donated items for your accountant at tax time.